Tree Trimming Bay Area
Tree Timing for Beautification and Safety
One of the more important services that we perform at Arbor Works is tree trimming. From the standpoint of tree architecture development and personal safety around the home, it is crucial. Unfortunately, the average homeowner does not have the proper skills and tools required to execute tree trimming in Bay Area, and do this correctly. Since arborists are trained to care for plants and trees scientifically, they have the skills required to trim trees. They know how to make them aesthetically appealing, while at the same time permitting them to fit your landscaping strategy.
Why is Tree Trimming So Important?
As trained arborists, we never trim away more 20% to 30% of the living parts of trees, since the limbs draw in the sustenance required for it to survive. There are two primary reasons why tree trimming is such an important aspect of tree care in general:
Enhancing the beauty of the tree – When trees become dense and overgrown, it cuts off air circulation and sunlight exposure to the living parts of the tree beneath the crown, along with any surrounding plants and shrubs. Some of our Bay Area tree trimming methods, that Arbor Works employs, to correct this include:
- Crown lifting – This is removal of the lowermost branches of the tree, to enable better access for mowing and mulching; as well as enjoying the shade it provides.
- Crown reduction – This service selectively removes certain tree branches and stems in order to decrease its height and/or reduce its spread.
- Crown thinning – This reducing crown density by removing certain live branches and stems.
When you periodically prune smaller, younger trees, it provides them with desired branch architecture, form, and shape; so that it blends in or fits with your landscaping. This eliminates the need to pay for costly tree care and maintenance services when the tree has matured.
Personal safety – From the standpoint of personal safety in your home and on your property, tree trimming in Bay Area is a very important tree care service function. Trees typically grow well beyond their estimated mature height. This means above the roof of your home, over power lines, and so on. Furthermore, lower hanging branches and limbs obstruct pedestrian paths making it difficult for people to walk under them. Therefore, trimming the tree’s crown and its lower hanging limbs is the appropriate solution to these issues.
Additionally, many trees are negatively impacted by disease, fungus, and lighting strikes. In each instance, limbs die off and the tree is structurally weakened as a result. In order to rejuvenate the tree and avoid cutting it down, Arbor Works can usually save it by pruning and trimming the affected areas. One of our many services is conducting safety audits of trees on both commercial and residential properties. After we have completed an audit of the trees on your property, we can easily recommend the proper course of action.
Forms of Tree Trimming
Many property owners are unaware of when trees are in need of trimming. Other than the obvious reason, namely the tree’s appearance, it is oftentimes difficult understand when or why this is even necessary. Basically, tree trimming in Bay Area comes in four (4) different forms:
- Crown reduction trimming – decrease a trees height and/or reduce its spread
- Fine pruning – improving the appearance by removing smaller limbs
- Hazard trimming – removing branches 2” or larger in diameter from trees that hold a threat to individuals, home and property
- Standard pruning – enhances the structure of tree branches and involves heavier cutting
Benefits of Tree Trimming
It can easily be said that one of the many reasons for Bay Area tree trimming are the benefits that it provides. The following are six (6) of the more important benefits of tree trimming:
- compensates for root loss and trains freshly planted trees
- enhances the tree’s overall appearance
- improve the quality and increase the size of the fruit by pruning
- increases air circulation and exposure to sunlight beneath the canopy or crown
- opens up the view of your property
- promotes better tree health
Keep in mind that different types of trees may need to be trimmed during different times of the year. Please contact Arbor Works today for more information regarding our services of tree trimming, in Bay Area. If you would like to schedule an inspection appointment you may speak with one of our helpful specialists.