How To Keep Your Home Safe from Tree Damage During Winter
Tree Service Experts in Los Gatos Share How to Keep Your Home Safe From Tree Damage
Tips for Protecting Your Home from Trees
The change of season can affect a lot of aspects of many homes, but one of the ways often overlooked or forgotten about are the trees on a property. The changing seasons affect them, too, and keeping aware of possible problems a tree can bring to a property and also knowing the best way to care for trees can help any homeowner keep their trees healthy and happy and their property safe and secure.
How Can A Tree Harm A Home?
Trees offer a lot of benefits to a home and property, but they also offer a variety of ways to damage property as well and there are some instances where a homeowner should contact a professional as soon as possible to deal with a situation that may only get worse. Sometimes tree issues can threaten life and property so it’s important not to wait. The following list is some of the more common tree issues homeowners may face:
- Uprooted Tree – A tree that has been knocked over, usually due to high winds, is a tree that needs to be removed. If the tree is safely down it may be fine to leave it while seeing to other emergencies if there has been a storm, but if the tree has fallen onto the property it will need to be removed as soon as possible before it causes any more problems.
- Leaning Tree – Similarly, if a tree is suddenly leaning, that’s a sign that something is wrong. If it’s leaning because of a storm, then it may need to be removed, but a suddenly leaning tree without high winds could be a sign of internal decay. Either way, leaning trees are dangerous and constitute an emergency if they’re near your residence.
- Disease – Some tree illnesses are slow-growing, just like trees themselves. But there are some tree illnesses or infestations that strike quickly, and in those cases responding just as quickly may be the only way to save the tree’s life. If there are any sudden odd changes in a tree or its appearance, contact a professional before the tree can fall and damage property
- Branches – It’s normal for trees to lose some branches and limbs, especially in a storm. But if there’s a larger branch that’s dead, it’s important to remove it as soon as possible, before it can fall on property buildings or vehicles and cause expensive damages
- Power Lines – If a tree is growing too close to a power line, it may cause problems. If there’s a storm, the branches or tree could cause the power lines to break, leading to danger for people and property alike, not to mention a loss of power.
Why Is Tree Care Important?
Tree health care is an often simple and easy task a homeowner can do throughout the seasons to keep property trees healthy. But it’s understandable that some homeowners just don’t have the time to be able to attend to their trees or may have lots that are so wooded that their plant health care is bigger than a one-person job. Either way, there are some steps that can be taken to keep trees healthy, happy, and safe on the property:
- Trimming and pruning trees can limit illness, keep trees strong, encourage new growth, and allow the trees to breathe better
- Regular watering will keep the tree healthy and happy, which will lead to better-looking trees
- Adding nutrients to the soil will help trees fight off illness or infestation, keeping them sturdier and at less risk of falling.
Some homeowners avoid plant health care because they’re unsure what to do or think it will be costly or time-consuming. But plant tree health care can keep them healthy and happy and avoid problems down the road which may lead to costly expenses.
Choose Professionals You Can Trust
Tree care is a profession that requires knowledge of plant life as well as safety concerns and measures. Which is why it’s so important to contact experienced professionals when dealing with tree problems or health. Arborworks, Inc. are experts you can trust in the Bay area. With 40 years of experience, they offer quality service at reasonable rates all across California. Call today to schedule your next appointment!